Sunday 4 April 2010

An Unexpected Bonus

One thing I didnt expect to find when I joined IE was a platonic female friend.

I started chatting to Doris (obviously not her real name and she will wring my sorry neck if she reads this) about a year ago. We got on famously and made each other laugh. There wasnt a spark sexually though but we carried on chatting and became good friends.

We have met a few times for coffee and a chat and email or text each other most days. Doris is a great listener and is invaluable as someone I can talk openly to about my extra marital affairs. She has given me some useful advice regarding the workings of the female psyche and I have returned the favour by explaining how men think and why a lot of them appear to be thoughtless, selfish, insensitive pigs.
The answer of course is that a lot of them ARE thoughtless, selfish, insensitive pigs but it needed a man to explain it.

Anyway, she has become a true friend and confidante. Its so good to know that we can discuss our secrets with someone who will give solid advice.
Thanks Doris. xx

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more! A secret friend sometimes is the best outcome out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poor girl - fancy giving her the pseudonym of Doris!

    She sounds a decent sort. Does she get up to the same shenanigans that you do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes Leah, Doris gets up to allsorts of stuff. She's probably got a man for each day of the week. Thats another neck wringing for me.

    ReplyDelete